- This event has passed.
September 24, 2018 @ 9:00 am - September 28, 2018 @ 2:00 pm
Bring the Thunder, Own your Superpower!
Welcome to Thunderweek 2018, T-Birds!
The first week of fall quarter will be packed with fun activities for students to become engaged and excited at the start of the school year.
Special thanks to the Center for Leadership & Service and Multicultural Affairs for planning Thunderweek 2018!
Monday, Sept. 24
• 9AM – 11AM: Center for Leadership & Service and Multicultural Affairs Open House.
Located: Highline Student Union, Bldg. 8, 3rd Floor.
*Free breakfast & explore leadership opportunities!*
• 11:30AM – 1:30PM: Inter-Cultural Center (ICC) & Multicultural Affairs Open House.
Located: Highline Student Union, Bldg. 8, 2nd Floor, ICC
*Free hot dogs, learn about ICC programs you could be a part of!*
Tuesday, Sept. 25
• 12PM – 2PM: Highline Official Welcome. Meet your associated students of Highline College: Max Brown (ASHC President), Chalisa Thompson (ASHC Vice President), and Melissa Martinez (Speaker of the Caucus). Guest Speakers include: Dr. Mosby (College President) and Toni Castro (Vice President of Student Services). Located: Highline Student Union, Bldg. 8, 1st Floor, Mt. Constance/Mt. Olympus
*Free lunch for the first 200 students.*
Wednesday, Sept. 26
• 11:30AM – 2PM: Thunderzone: Food Trucks & Games. Meet new friends and compete in fun games!
Located: Building 2
*Free authentic food for the first 1,000 students.*
Thursday, Sept. 27
• 11AM – 1:30PM: Thunderweek Involvement Fair
College is the perfect time to join clubs, build leadership skills, and make friends! Come explore clubs, FREE resources, and programs where you can “Bring the Thunder!”
Located: Highline Student Union, Bldg. 8, 2nd Floor
Friday, Sept. 28
• 10AM – 11:30AM: Kickstarting Your Best Life at Highline Workshop
Located: Highline Student Union, Bldg. 8, 1st Floor, Mt. Constance/Mt. Olympus
Learn what it takes to succeed at Highline! Our speakers will inspire and equip you with resources to kickstart your best year yet.
*Free breakfast for the first 100 students!*
Bring your student ID to participate. For more information, contact Jade Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact Access Services at (206) 592-3857 (voice) or (206) 870-4853 (TTY).