Use your graphic design and marketing skills to help an emerging entrepreneur launch a new food business! Branding and marketing support is a vital component of FIN’s Food Business Incubator program, which assists entrepreneurs through training, mentoring, and affordable commercial kitchen space. Most program participants are refugees and immigrants with low household incomes.
Learn how the Incubator helps participants improve their economic security and build community connections.
- Meet with an entrepreneur to develop their branding and marketing plan.
- Collaborate with the entrepreneur to design a menu, and potentially a logo and business card.
- Establish and develop the business’ presence on web/social platforms. Depending on the marketing plan, this may include Facebook, Instagram, and/or other apps and websites.
- Ensure the entrepreneur is able to maintain their web/social presence and update their marketing materials independently.
- Experience in graphic design and business marketing is required. Formal training in these skills is preferred.
- Commitment to racial and social justice is required. Experience collaborating with people from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
Initial commitment is approximately 20-40 hours (total -- not per week) on a flexible schedule from February through May, 2019. If you’d like, you may choose to continue volunteering with the entrepreneur beyond the launch of their business. You will also have the opportunity to volunteer with a new program participant who will join the Incubator later in 2019.
Volunteer and program participant will meet at least twice in person at a South King County location of their choice. Additional meetings may be held in person or remotely.
FIN’s communications lead will facilitate an introduction meeting between volunteers and entrepreneurs, and will also be available to answer questions.
About Food Innovation Network:
We’re working to build a healthy, prosperous, and connected community in South King County. We do this through food. FIN is a program of the nonprofit organization Global to Local.
For more information and to apply for this unpaid volunteer position:
Contact Denise Miller, Global to Local's communications specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please send an email indicating your interest in the position and your relevant qualifications. (Attaching a resume is optional.)