Our Incubator pilot program hit some big milestones in 2018! Participants share how it’s helped them in our new video; here's a breakdown by the numbers:
- five new businesses launched since late 2017
- over 55 catering orders coordinated through FIN
- 21 farmers market days through our Taste Around the Globe booth at the Federal Way and Renton farmers markets
- Make a tax-deductible gift. Your contribution to our Tukwila Village Food Hall capital campaign will help expand the Food Business Incubator and support entrepreneurs’ access to affordable kitchen space.
- Volunteer to help aspiring entrepreneurs build sustainable businesses. Next month, three more food businesses will join our Incubator. We're looking for volunteers with graphic design and marketing skills to help entrepreneurs develop brand assets and establish a presence on online marketing platforms. You can read the volunteer position description here, and please help us spread the word!
- Hire FIN entrepreneurs. Check out their menus and make your catering order now! Then stay tuned to this site, where we'll release a new video profile of each food business over the next five weeks.
Big thanks to our funding partnersWe're grateful to the Port of Seattle, Communities of Opportunity, and Seattle Foundation for their generous support of the Food Business Incubator and Tukwila Village Food Hall.
Please visit our Markets page for current information about Namaste Farm Stand and Tukwila Village Farmers Market!
We’re thrilled to announce our community farm stand is returning this season, and has added a second location! We will host Namaste Farm Stand weekly at two locations: Matt Griffin YMCA in SeaTac and the new Tukwila Village Plaza near the Tukwila Library. Last year, FIN and our partner, International Rescue Committee’s New Roots program, hosted a farm stand for 10 weeks at the Matt Griffin YMCA, and the local fresh fruits and vegetables for sale were a hit. This year we’re excited to double the length of our season, now running June through October, and also add the Tukwila location. Namaste Farm Stand will sell fruits and vegetables from local producers including IRC New Roots’s Community Garden (Tukwila), Faith Beyond Farms (Enumclaw), and Collins Family Orchard (Selah). Each week we’ll do a cooking demo showing ways to prepare and cook the variety of produce for sale. We are fortunate to have great partners and funders in making this project happen. FIN and IRC New Roots would like to thank: City of Tukwila, Kona Kai, Communities of Opportunity, Les Dames d’ Escoffier, Matt Griffin YMCA, SHAG, and WSU Extension. Please join us for the Grand Opening at the Tukwila Village Plaza on Wednesday, June 13 from 4-7 p.m. We’ll have fresh produce for sale, as well as kids’ activities, cooking demonstrations, raffles, and live international music. And get your fresh fruits and vegetables from our local growers all season long! We'll operate two farm stands weekly from 4-7 p.m.: