Our Incubator pilot program hit some big milestones in 2018! Participants share how it’s helped them in our new video; here’s a breakdown by the numbers:
- five new businesses launched since late 2017
- over 55 catering orders coordinated through FIN
- 21 farmers market days through our Taste Around the Globe booth at the Federal Way and Renton farmers markets
We’re ready to build on this success and expand this valuable program! Tukwila Village Food Hall, now under construction and set to open next winter, will give the Incubator room to grow. Our new commercial kitchen will accommodate at least 20 food businesses, including eight that will rent retail stalls in the food hall. Learn more about this exciting project, and stay tuned for updates — soon we’ll recruit food businesses to join us at the new space!
- Make a tax-deductible gift. Your contribution to our Tukwila Village Food Hall capital campaign will help expand the Food Business Incubator and support entrepreneurs’ access to affordable kitchen space.
- Volunteer to help aspiring entrepreneurs build sustainable businesses. Next month, three more food businesses will join our Incubator. We’re looking for volunteers with graphic design and marketing skills to help entrepreneurs develop brand assets and establish a presence on online marketing platforms. You can read the volunteer position description here, and please help us spread the word!
- Hire FIN entrepreneurs. Check out their menus and make your catering order now! Then stay tuned to this site, where we’ll release a new video profile of each food business over the next five weeks.